Enhance happiness and become more mindful while baking during COVID-19. Try Rosanna's Apple Cinnamon Cake recipe today!
Recipe Submitted By Rosanna Penilla-Bharucha
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/4 TSP salt
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1-1/2 cups of milk or buttermilk or water
- 6 TBSP oil (canola or any vegetable oil)
- 1-1/2 cups of white or brown sugar or mix white and brown
- 1/2 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- 1/2 TSP nutmeg
- 1 large apple (sliced thinly like wedges)
- Optional: Mix and add crumble to the top of the cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 TSP ground cinnamon
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg in a bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a separate bowl, add 3 eggs, milk or water, oil, sugar, and whisk. Add vanilla extract, whisk until smooth
- Pour over egg mixture to flour mixture. Mix well until smooth. Transfer to a greased baking pan. Add the apples (arrange as you like).
- Bake in the preheated oven until the center is almost set, 50 minutes to an hour. Check the center with a toothpick; it's coked when dry. Return to the oven if the toothpick is wet. The loaf looks golden brown, and the smell is in the air. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen.
- Apple cake crumble topping - mix the ingredients gently with your hands to form crumbles, they should not be fine but looks more like in clusters. Add on the top of the apple.
- PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES
- COOK TIME: 50 MINUTES TO 1 HR
- BAKED AT 350 F