Enhance happiness and become more mindful while baking during COVID-19. Try Linda’s Quick Jalapeno Cornbread recipe today!
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can creamed corn (14.5 ounces)
- 1 can kernel corn (drained)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ - 1 cup chopped jalapeno peppers + sliced jalapenos for topping
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (spicy pepper jack for those who like it hot)
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Whisk together the milk, melted butter, eggs and creamed corn, kernel corn together in a small bowl.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and black pepper in a separate larger bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together.
- Stir in the chopped jalapenos and shredded cheese.
- Pour the batter mixture into a lightly oiled baking dish and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until the cornbread sets and when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly, slice and serve.