Enhance happiness and become more mindful while baking during COVID-19. Try Linda’s One-Bowl No-Nonsense Banana Bread recipe today!
- 3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 XL egg, beaten (or 2 small eggs)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a loaf pan by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter and mashed bananas using a wooden spoon.
- Add in sugar, eggs, vanilla and stir together.
- Sprinkle the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and flour over the top of your batter and then stir together.
- Optional: add in nuts or chocolate chips last. Stir until there are no more flour dry spots, and everything is combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf or muffin pans.
- Bake time is 50-55 minutes for a loaf and 25-35 minutes for muffins. Test with a toothpick – if it comes out clean, remove from oven.
- The cooling time is 10 minutes in the pan. Then remove from pan and transfer to a cooling rack.
- It serves the best warm at room temperature.