As you wake up each morning you need to prepare yourself for a meaningful and productive day - focus on projecting a successful YOU.
A big part of being self-aware is really getting to know yourself inside and out. The more we become aware of our strengths and the areas we need to improve, the stronger and more confident we become. Really digging deep and getting to know what makes you tick is so important but not so easy. We’re often very good at ‘checking everyone else’! We are good at telling others how to improve their daily routines or health regime but often when it comes to ourselves – not so much! We forget the importance of first impressions and just how much of a lasting impact that has.
Being cognizant of how you feel is Key
Your emotions, whether you verbally express them or not are projected through the way in which you present yourself. Your physical presence is always a good indicator of how you feel. Even though self-awareness is typically an internal process there are signs that
These signs demonstrate your mood. Since we’re aware that mood, emotion, and action are tightly connected, understanding your present emotional state is crucial to monitoring activities and public character. Typically you are on a platform continuously so you want to put your right foot forward each and every day to create appropriate lasting impressions.
You have a choice to share who you are in a purposeful manner or allow your mood to dictate how you appear to others.
Ensure you take the time to check yourself and your mood each morning before it sets the mood of your entire day.
Inspire the best possible day
Consider practicing some of the following suggestions to inspire the best day possible:
- Wake up 15 minutes before you have to
- Open your eyes and begin practicing mindfulness focus on something that you are grateful for
- Think about your family and find something that happened recently to smile about.
- Hold on to that smile and think of something that happened recently in your professional life and continue to smile
- Look at your day with your cup half full
- See your day unfolding with many positive opportunities
- Gently get out of bed and begin to prepare for your day
- Be sure to check your facial expressions, posture, demeanor, clothes and hair before you leave you home
- Ask yourself if this is how you want to project yourself to the world?
- Drive, ride or walk to work with a smile on your face with a positive outlook for the day